QR Code Link to This Post
CIEE, the world leader in international exchange, is looking for families in your area to host one of our international high school students for one or two semesters during the upcoming school year. Host families come in all shapes and sizes - kids, no kids, empty nesters, single parents, etc. In return for hosting, families learn about a different culture, enjoy lifelong friendships with students, fulfill the dream of a young person, and become global ambassadors in their own communities!
CIEE Host Families:
- Accept a student into their home as a part of their family for one or two semesters
- Provide a bed and room (student can share a room with a host sibling of the same gender)
- Share 3 meals a day (other meals or school lunches are student's responsibility)
- Receive local and regional support 24/7 from well-trained staff and local volunteers
- Can apply for a $50 per month deduction on their federal income taxes
- Are between the ages of 15 and 18 (Grades 10-12)
- Well screened and thoroughly tested
- Speak English
- Have access to their own spending money
- Have health insurance coverage through CIEE
Becoming a CIEE host family is an experience of mutual discovery. When you give an international student the opportunity to explore American culture through your eyes, you'll discover a new culture as well, by experiencing new values, traditions, languages and foods.
For more information about becoming a host family, visit http://www.ciee.org/host Or, you can start a host family application at any time, by going to our application page: http://usahs.ciee.org/hostapply